Serving on the SJMA Board
So, you're interested in joining the SJMA board? If so, please fill out this form. You can also contact any current board member for additional information. You will be invite you to a monthly meeting so you can meet the current board and learn what we do at the board meetings.
We have quite a bit of fun at our monthly board meetings but we also work hard at bringing forth stellar events and engaging programs to our membership.Here's an overview of board responsibilities:
Special duties may involve:
- Attend monthly board meetings that take place during lunchtime on the second Wednesday of the month at City Hall
- Arrange a reimbursable board lunch once a year
- Co-organize an event with another board member at least once a year. Organizing an event typically entails external communications, designing flyers, bookkeeping, and registration management
- Promote the benefits of being a SJMA member to current and retired City managers
Board positions usually become available on an annual basis with the installation of new board members taking place in February/March. The board member selection process gets underway in the fall with the membership voting on the slate in January/February.
- Membership coordination
- Website content management
- Records management
If you have questions about a board position, please email the SJMA Board at email@example.com or contact a board member directly.