Serving on the SJMA Board
So, you're interested in joining the SJMA board? If so, please contact any current board member and we'll invite you to a monthly meeting so you can meet the current board and learn what we do at the board meetings.
We have quite a bit of fun at our monthly board meetings but we also work hard at bringing forth stellar events and engaging programs to our membership.Here's an overview of board responsibilities:
Special duties may involve:
- Attend monthly board meetings that take place during lunchtime on the second Wednesday of the month at City Hall
- Arrange a reimbursable board lunch once a year
- Co-organize an event with another board member at least once a year. Organizing an event typically entails external communications, designing flyers, bookkeeping, and registration management
- Promote the benefits of being a SJMA member to current and retired City managers
Board positions usually become available on an annual basis with the installation of new board members taking place in February/March. The board member selection process gets underway in the fall with the membership voting on the slate in January/February.
- Membership coordination
- Website content management
- Records management
If you have questions about a board position, please email the SJMA Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a board member directly.